I'm not an Island.
We did these today at work as part of our school festival celebration.
We're supposed to see an image which arose from a question we had in mind while forming these.
I think I see an island, which is weirdly connected to my own answer to the question I held in mind which was, "What obstacles hinder you from bringing yourself to the light?"
Sometimes in our lives, we can be very fearful of how people react to the things we say or do, which hinder our journeys towards the light. I know my own journey has been mired in quicksand ever since I began to have the voices of very judgmental imaginary people in my head. I let these voices take over and control what words and images I would allow myself to release to the world.
Even now, I feel panicky inside when I think of being honest or vulnerable. It pains me and makes me feel shame. I know people can be mean. But those who will be mean to me, do they matter? I've been lucky enough to be born to a family who support me rather than pull me down. So who are these mean people? Do they really matter to me?
But, I see an island in the image, because I often want to contradict that quote, "No man is an island." Inwardly, I want to be an island and live only by myself, independent and alone. This is flawed thinking though, driven by fear. I'm too afraid of what other people think and how they see me, so I know, in my right mind, I don't want to be an island. I do not want this desire to be utterly alone.
Comments
Post a Comment